Agriculture • Horticulture • Enology • Equine • Turf Management • Citrus • Apiary
• For more than 20 years we have been offering placements in the field crop, beef, swine, dairy, and other specialty agriculture industries.
• Horticulture placements are carefully designed to meet the needs of international participants interested in gaining a technical and cross cultural experience at one of our host training placement sites. Training programs, include greenhouse and potted plants, landscaping, fruits and vegetables, cut flowers, orchards, garden centers, botanical gardens, and nurseries.
• Enology is the science or study of viniculture (making wines). Trainees get hands-on experience of how the process of a harvest is completed. The host winery or business provides a training plan that outlines what the trainee will be exposed to during their program. In most cases, the trainee will be able to add to this training plan by discussing what their goals for the program will be with the host and with their Enology Coordinator.
• The Equine program provides participants with the opportunity to gain experience with world class horse farms and training facilities throughout the United States through a variety of programs including breeding farm, English disciplines, racehorse training, veterinary, cutting, and guest/ dude and cattle ranch. Training in the equine industry is very demanding and requires a participant that is very dedicated to this field with good basic knowledge of horses.
• The Turf Management Program provides opportunities for young turf professionals from around the world to learn more about the turf industry in the United States.
• Citrus hosts are located in the heart of Florida. Our citrus hosts are able to teach the participants about marketing of citrus, juice making and orchard maintenance. There are year long placements as well as short term placements (October to April) available.
• Apiary hosts teach participants the use of bees for pollination of fruit trees. Most placements are with honey production placements and for the sale of queen bees. This program has placements available on mainland USA as well as Hawaii.